Marketing – The Creamy Layer of The Business World
Traditional marketing, or marketing and advertising in general, has always sparked the masses’ interest for several good reasons. Marketing is the most effective tool for a brand to advertise its products and services and attract potential loyal customers for life.
One of the most important and basic thumb rules of marketing is the fact that it is designed in a way that taps into the emotional connectivity of the audience. This is why, when people go out to buy products, they most often than not buy products whose advertisements they have seen before, and have subconsciously related the thought to any of the feel-good human emotions.
Marketing is not a technical skill that way- it is a human skill and is referred to as the ability to connect with the audiences the right way through the channel of emotions. The loyal customer base is always attached to the emotions showcased by the marketing campaigns of the brand. It is, in a real sense, the bridge between the brand and the customers.
Digital Marketing – A Step Ahead
Digital Marketing, like traditional marketing, is seeing an all-time high as businesses are setting up online branches at an increased pace. Many of the business categories even set up online businesses without the branches in the offline mode, depending on all their business means on online mode only. There is a considerable amount of future for businesses going all digital. Thus, this calls for specialized candidates to do marketing for these companies online.
Digital Marketing is a skill that is ingrained before even learning it! We say it because marketing in the end is the idea of forming an emotional connection with the audience. Thus, a digital marketer should first and foremost be open to the idea of feeling varied human emotions and even have the experience of carrying and feeling empathy for other people. This is the first step toward becoming a successful digital marketer. The other technical aspects can be mastered and improved upon in the later stages of one’s career as one moves ahead and practices as a digital marketer.
Career Options in India
In India, choosing one’s career path after the 12th is a big question in terms of how one sees progress, and in what direction. People are quick to suggest medical or engineering to fresh high school graduates who are more often than not sure about what they wanna go ahead with in life. The mainstreams are always suggested as they are a clear road to getting job security per see.
However, since everyone these days is taking up either Engineering/ other cliche career paths, there is a huge influx in the number of graduates in the same streams and not many jobs. We say, why only go for conventional careers when there are plenty of options, and lucrative ones, already available?
Digital Marketing – A Career Option
Doing a Digital Marketing Course after class 12th is one of the best choices as it opens up doors for several careers. It is a technical and acquired skill and is perfect for people who want to carve a successful career out of marketing. A Digital Marketing Course Degree opens up doors for several career options that way. Some of the positions you could work in after learning Digital Marketing are:
- Digital Marketing Consultant: It refers to the job where you provide consultancy services to businesses and helps them boost their online presence by various means and methodologies.
- Search Engine Optimiser: The world is well-versed in what SEO does for a business and how it can change the face of the business forever if utilized properly.
- Social Media Marketing: Do you have a creative eye? You could very well work as a Social Media Marketer/ Manager for brands. The entire content planning falls on you if you are working the same. The job is pretty interesting, as it requires you to first do the competitor research, and look at what the successful brands are doing in terms of content creation, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Email Marketing/Advertising: This is another alternative if you want to dive deep into the world of Digital Marketing. This includes framing drafts and emails that would help in forming campaigns for the particular brands and the customers would have a remembrance factor for the brand.
Advertising, on the other hand, purely entails the idea of forming Ad campaigns and running them to attract potential customers.
- Website Developer: An amazing career option, you could get your hands on this and develop websites for brands.
- Graphic Designer: We all are aware of how visual communication is one of the most important tools in the digital industry. As a graphic designer, your job will be to design creatives that align with the brand on the whole. One of the most important and interesting skills to have, we must say.
One could very well work as a Digital Marketing Trainer for an Institute and earn a handsome salary. Other options are working as a Digital Marketing Consultant and working for brands and advising them for/ against certain strategies and curating a clear digital plan for them to make their business reach certain heights online and beyond.
There are many other lucrative career options for high school graduates after the 12th. However, other options come under regular courses that everybody takes up. Our question is, why not get into something offbeat and create a career option that no one is sailing down the lines of- and curate something great altogether for yourself and the brands you work for?
After completing your Digital Marketing Course, as a Digital Marketing Expert, you are altogether running on the lines of knowing the online businesses inside out, and one day, hopefully, through the knowledge gained over years- you could very well jump into giving that awesome business idea in your mind a kickstart!
Seems like quite a plan, right? Well, we think so too!